Nintendo made big waves during their Direct E3 presentation this year, making lots of announcements that have gamers excited. However, there were also some smaller announcements that went under the radar, like how Resident Evil 5 and 6 are coming to the platform this year. A release date wasn’t revealed, but we’re going to speculate on when they might release.
Of course, Resident Evil 5 and 6 certainly aren’t the best games that the series has to offer, as they took the more action-oriented 4 and went way too far with the concept. Even still, they still have their moments and will still be nice for those looking to play everything the series has to offer. Despite being more action heavy, some of the horror elements that fans love are still there in spurts.
Seeing as this is the Resident Evil series, that means releasing a game in the series anytime around Halloween is ideal. Capcom didn’t take this path with 7 (that game released in January), but where they’ve confirmed a Fall release it makes it perfect timing to release it during that season. Knowing that, it seems like a sure bet that we’ll get a late September or October release.
It’s worth reiterating that this is all speculation on our part, and we’ll have to wait for the official word from Nintendo on the actual release date. In the meantime you can check out a breakdown of the key features for each title below.
Resident Evil 5:
- Play Anywhere: Play Resident Evil 5 on the go using the Nintendo Switch system’s handheld or at home in tabletop mode.
- All Previously Released DLC: Includes costumes, game modes, figurines and bonus story scenarios “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape.”
- Two Playable Characters: Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil, partners with African BSAA agent Sheva Alomar to investigate the cause behind the bioterrorism epidemic.
Resident Evil 6:
- Play Anywhere: Play Resident Evil 6 on the go using the Nintendo Switch system’s handheld or at home in tabletop mode.
- Horror on a global scale: No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide with the action taking place in North America, Eastern Europe and China
- 8 Playable Characters, 4 Unique Campaigns: Play through 4 intertwined campaigns starring Chris Redfield, Leon S. Kennedy, Jake Muller, Ada Wong and their partners.
- 2 Player Local and Online Co-op: Experience the stories locally or online with a friend.