A new patch has been released for the Switch’s Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which brings the game to version 1.2. This is just the second patch that the game has released since it launched in April, and it brings a variety of tweaks to the table. These range from things like item adjustments to amiibo unlocking new things within the game.
The following are the complete patch notes for the 1.2 update:
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is available exclusively for Switch. The game has been a huge success for Nintendo this year, becoming the fastest-selling game of the entire series. Its success has resulted in many wondering if Nintendo will re-release other Wii U games on Switch in an updated form, and it looks like that will be the case.