Dead Cells launches today on multiple platforms, with the “roguevania” game from Motion Twin getting rave reviews so far. Those who are planning to check out the PS4 version of the game will be glad to know that it doesn’t take up much space, as the file download size has been revealed.
When viewing the game’s page directly on the PS4, we can see that the file size is just 471.86 MB. This is minuscule when compared to most other games on the market, though it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise considering that it is an indie game with a small budget. For those unfamiliar with the game, the following is an overview of the product from the Amazon page:
- Roguevania: the progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the Replay ability of a rogue-little and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath
- 2D souls-little action: tough but fair combat, the iconic dodge roll, more than 90 weapons and spells with unique gameplay
- Nonlinear progression: sewers, ossuary or ramparts? once unlocked, special permanent abilities allow you to access new paths to reach your objective
- Exploration: secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. Take a moment to stroll the towers and Breath in that fresh sea mist infused air
- Dead Cells is a brutally challenging 2D action-platformer with No checkpoints. you’ll get better. Eventually
Dead Cells is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. The game has received high praise so far for its blending of genres to create something unique, as well as its skill-based gameplay and procedurally-generated levels that are usually well-done.