It has been over 10 years since the original Rogue Trooper released, but it will soon be making a comeback in the form of Rogue Trooper Redux. The updated version is set to launch on modern hardware next month, and now some new information on the game has surfaced thanks to recent comments from the developer.
Rogue Trooper Redux’s Tim Jones recently spoke with GamingBolt, and he was asked about the game’s frame rate and resolution. He said that “We’re targeting 1080p and 30 frames per second on both PS4 and Xbox One,” so there’s not need to favor one console over the other in that category.
However, the developer also mentioned that the game will enjoy some nice enhancements when playing it on PlayStation 4 Pro. He said that “What we can say right now is the PS4 Pro version uses super sampling which gives a beautifully crisp and high quality image!” There will also be an Xbox One X version of the game, though he said “It’s too early for us to confirm any specific features for the Xbox One X version.”
For those who have never played the game, the following is an overview of the original version:
“Nu Earth: a poisoned planet where endless war rages between the Norts and the Southers. A futile struggle on a hostile planet with no end in sight.
But there are tales of a lone warrior. A man who can appear out of thin air and take out whole platoons, then disappear back into the shadows to which he belongs. A man who knows no allegiance but to his own mission and is hell-bent on revenge. He is the ultimate soldier, the last survivor of the massacred Genetic Infantrymen…
…the Rogue Trooper!”
- Intense 3rd-person action on the battlefields of Nu Earth.
- Use of Helm, Gunnar and Bagman: Rogue’s friends brought to life in his equipment, adding depth to the gaming experience.
- Ability to create the type of ammunition you want, when you want it.
- Dynamically use the environment to your advantage – conform to objects and terrain, and fire from protected positions. Athletically climb over the environment to gain the advantage over your enemy. Run, leap, and dive for cover.
- Use the unique upgradeable abilities of your Bio-chipped equipment to strategically outwit your foes.
- Intense LAN multiplayer action.
Rogue Trooper Redux will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 17.