A new update has just been released for Pokemon Go on Android and iOS, and it adds a feature that fans have been wanting for a while now. Along with some much-needed bug fixes, the update allows the player to see how many other trainers are in a raid battle, which will make life a lot easier.
The following are the complete patch notes for the latest update, which is 0.73.1 on Android and 1.43.1 on iOS:
- Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym using the Pokémon GO Plus accessory
- Added the ability to view the number of Trainers entered, and preparing, for a Raid Battle before using a Raid Pass
- Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality by allowing Trainers to search through their Pokémon’s moves using the @ character
- Resolved a bug which caused the Raid Boss to always break free from the last Premier Ball
- Resolved a bug that prevented Trainers from seeing they’d received double XP from Raid Battles when using a Lucky Egg
- Various bug fixes
Pokemon Go has been a bumpy ride for many players since its launch last year, but Niantic has been doing what they can to fix all of the issues that have arisen. However, I don’t think they ever imagined that the game would explode into the phenomenon that it did, which has resulted in big server issues that have taken longer than expected to fix. The game is mostly stable right now, but there are still plenty of issues that the (very vocal) fanbase wants to see addressed.
Pokemon Go is available for iOS and Android devices.