We learned recently that Arms would be getting an update that would add the boss character Max Brass to the game’s roster, and now we know when we can expect to be able to download it. Nintendo has revealed that the character will be available to download along with the update next week on July 12th.
The company made the announcement on Twitter, while also sharing a gameplay clip that shows the character off in action. He definitely looks like he’ll be packing quite a punch for anyone who decides to play as him, though it will be interesting to see how the developers balance him in order to make the fights fair. It’s definitely a given that he won’t be as powerful as he was in boss form, but we’ll just have to wait until the update is live before we know how much he was nerfed.
Last week the game received a new update that brought the game to version 1.1.0, and you can check out the patch notes for it below.
Arms 1.1.0 Patch Notes:
- “LAN Play” support. You can now play against users within the same local area connection. If you click the L Stick while pressing the L Button and R Button on the top menu, you can switch between Local Communication and LAN Play.
- “Arena Mode” added. It’s a mode where players can take turns fighting in one-on-one matches in Friend, Local Communication, and LAN Play. A maximum of four people can enter the Arena, with those not participating in the battle able to “Spectate.”
- Fixed an issue where Kid Cobra continuously charge dashes when riding the snakeboard.
- Fixed an issue where Barq (of Byte & Barq) does a big warp when riding the snakeboard and finishing a special move rush.
- Fixed an issue where Arms such as Chakram did not hit the purple boxes that appear in the “Ribbon Ring” arena.
- Fixed an issue where Biff says “ARMS Grand Prix” instead of “ARMS Grand Prix.”
Arms is available exclusively for Nintendo Switch.