Now there are many different archivers. Each program has its own functions and capabilities.
Most of them you can download for free, for example, the most popular WinRAR archiver. But there are also several alternatives to this archiver.
PeaZip is a free and portable archiver and graphical shell for other archivers. With PeaZip, you can encrypt data, create multi-volume archives, work with multiple archives simultaneously, export a job as a command line, and install filters on the archive contents.
PeaZip supports Pea’s own archive format (with support for compression, multi-volume archives and flexible encryption and integrity control) and other formats, using external programs and libraries for many of them.
Key Features of PeaZip:
- Creates archives in the formats: 7Z, 7Z-sfx, ARC / WRC, BZ2 / TBZ2, custom, GZ / TGZ, PAQ / LPAQ, PEA, QUAD / BALZ, split, TAR, UPX, ZIP.
- Opens: ACE, ARJ, CAB, CHM, COMPOUND, CPIO, ISO, Java (JAR, EAR, WAR), Linux (DEB, PET / PUP, RPM, SLP), LHA / LZH, LZMA, Mac (DMG / HFS), NSIS, Open Office files, PAK / PK3 / PK4, RAR, SMZIP, U3P, UDF, WIM, XAR, XPI, Z / TZ.
- Support for searching the contents of the archive.
- Bookmarks for archives and folders.
- Encryption using the AES 256 algorithm.
- Reliable deletion of files.
- The generator of passwords and keys.
ExtractNow is a simple application designed to extract files from archives. Provides the simultaneous unpacking of several archives with one click.
ExtractNow works with almost all currently existing archive formats. Allows you not only to unpack archives but also to view the information inside them, without actually extracting to the PC hard drive.
Main features of ExtractNow:
- Synchronous unpacking of a large number of files.
- Unpacking archives with one click of the mouse from Explorer or by dragging them into the main application window.
- Support for ZIP, RAR, IMG, IMA, IMZ, ISO, BIN, 7Z, ACE, JAR, LHA, SIT, GZ, LZH archives.
- Search in folders and archives.
- Ability to delete archives after unpacking.
- Extract files to a user-assigned or current folder.
- Work in “over all windows” mode.
- Use masks to automatically distribute the extracted files to folders.
- Unpack passworded archives using text files with a list of keys.
- Integration of program commands in almost all OS context menus.
- Display of data, for example, pictures packed into the archive, without direct decompression.
- Excluding files from the list intended for unpacking.
- Support for the lightweight scripting language Lua.
- Support for multiple interface languages.
TUGZip is a powerful free file archiving program that runs on the Windows operating system. TUGZip supports a wide range of compressed and coded files, and also can work with disk images. All operations are performed through a simple, TUGZip-integrated Windows interface.
Main characteristics of TUGZip:
- Support for ZIP, 7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, BH, BZ2, CAB, CPIO, DEB, GCA, GZ, IMP, JAR, LHA (LZH), LIB, RAR, RPM, SQX, TAR, TGZ , TBZ, TAZ, YZ1 and ZOO archives.
- Supports disk images BIN, C2D, IMG, ISO and NRG.
- Support for plug-ins.
- Integration into Windows Explorer, for example, drag&drop, context menu, etc.
- Creation of archives 7-ZIP, BH, BZ2, CAB, JAR, LHA (LZH), SQX, TAR, TGZ, YZ1 and ZIP.
- Support for scripts, which allows automatic creation of backup copies.
- Main functions: add, unzip, delete, rename, start, view, etc.
- Repair corrupted ZIP and SQX files.
- Can unzip several archives as one using Multi Extract.
- Encrypts archives using six possible algorithms: Blowfish (128-bit), DES (56-bit), Triple DES (168-bit) and Rijndael (128-bit, 192-bit and 256-bit).
- Creates self-extracting archives.
- Automatic updates.
- Support for different interface languages.