Far Cry Primal is now out and has already received a pretty big patch. The new patch introduces a new difficulty setting, Expert Mode, along with some other fixes and improvements.
The Far Cry blog stated:
“We’re happy to introduce a new difficulty setting to Far Cry Primal – Expert Mode – which will go all out and push you to the limits of your ability!” It also said that, “Not only will enemies be more challenging, but Takkar will be more vulnerable to attacks, making every hostile encounter a tenser battle for survival.”
“Expert Mode brings a bunch of changes to how the games works, which will truly test even the most hardcore player. From reduced player aim assists to smarter enemy AI, you’ll definitely need to be on top of your game to handle what Oros has to offer.”
Expert Mode Changes:
- Players’ health has been halved compared to Hard difficulty.
- Reduced players aim assist.
- AI shoots faster by 1/3
- Enemies in combat are not shown on mini map and only appear once tagged
- It takes longer to lose the enemy AI once they spot you
- The aim assist box is reduced for several weapon types
- The player damage is reduced meaning you need to attack more
- Stability & Performance- also has improved lighting effects
- Weapons & HUD- reticule display has been updated
- Improved animal companion behaviour
- Animation bugs have been improved
- Improved animal fighting behaviour when triggering a fight
- Tweaked and balanced XP rewards
- Tweaked the damage ratio of certain recipes
- Improved overall balancing
- Improved animations of weapons on fire
- Fixed issues with lit weapons during cinematics at night
- Improved player navigation and small collision issues
- Improved camera transition and minor collision issues on cinematics
More and more often we are seeing large day one patches which help to improve the game overall. This is great as it makes for a better overall experience, but it’s important to take into consideration if you have slow internet.