Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will be jumping from Wii U to Switch next month, giving the game a chance to reach a bigger audience. Now the game’s download file size on Switch has been revealed, with the game’s product page through the eShop showing it to be 6.6 GB.
The game originally launched for the Wii U in 2014, and received critical acclaim for its gameplay and visuals. However, seeing as the game launched on the under performing Wii U, it didn’t make much of an impact in the sales department. However, the Switch has been a much bigger success than the Wii U and will likely result in much more sales for the game.
For those unfamiliar with the game, the following is a breakdown from the official Amazon page:
- Donkey Kong, diddy Kong, dixie Kong and cranky Kong return for the franchise’s debut on the Nintendo Switch system!
- This title includes all the fun and challenge of the original game, plus a brand-new mode that lets new and novice
- Players Enjoy this critically acclaimed adventure as Groovy surfing simian funky Kong.
- Funky Kong can double jump, hover, perform Infinite rolls and even perform Infinite underwater corkscrews.
- Thanks to his sturdy surfboard, even spikes can’t slow him down.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will launch for Switch on May 4th. You can check out a gameplay trailer for the game below.