What is LPI Certification?
Linux certifications have primarily been designed by the Linux Professional Institute for gaining entry into senior level positions. The Linux Professional Institute which is also known as LPI is basically a nonprofit organization which is based in Canada. The organization promotes the usage of free software, Linux,and Open Source. The organization is famous for the provision of Vendor-Neutral Linux Certifications to information technology professionals all over the globe. It currently has 400 training partners which means that it is the largest Linux Certification (Vendor Neutral) body in the world.
https://www.examsnap.com/lpic-level-1-certification-dumps.html Exam questions are prepared with input from individuals, academia, and Linux experts in order to ensure that they are accurate, rigorous and apply to all standard Linux Systems. LPI certifications are also considered as the best among all the different Linux Certifications that are available online.
Overview of LPI Program
LPI certification program is very simple and is basically a group of there different certifications. All of the certifications are dependenton one another, as you will realize once you read the information provided below.
- The first certification is LPIC-1 which is essentially an entry-level certification that is for people who can configure and install a workstation running Linux. Such individuals can also configure the basic network and look after the maintenance of the system directly from the command line. LPIC-1 is also known as Linux Administrator.
- The LPIC-2 is known as Linux Engineer. It is more of a mid-level certification which has been primarily designed for professionals who can administer both medium and small size mixed networks.
- LPIC-3 is known as Linux Enterprise Professional. It is a senior level certification that is recommended for Linux Professionals who can troubleshoot, plan, conceptualize and design Linux installations in environments which are enterprise in nature.
To get LPIC certification you need to clear 2 multiple choice exams. The cost of each exam is $188. The exam is administered by Pearson VUE. The certification is valid for at least 5 years. LinuxEssentials certification is helpful for all those individuals who are just starting their Linux careers. Linux essentials cover all the basic skills such as Linux operating system and command-line editing. Lastly, this particular certification never gets expired.
Linux LPIC level-1 certification: an Overview
As mentioned already LPIC program is a very nice program for individuals who are interested in the IT industry. We can find SNIA for the storage industry, CWNP for wireless networking and LPI for the world of Linux.
LPIC basically differentiates engineers into different levels. The original 3 level system is highly compatible with the real world scenarios and experience. Numerous Linux enthusiasts and engineers utilize Linux LPIC level-1 certification preparation materials to take their knowledge to the next level.
Linux LPIC level-1 certification is a junior level certification that requires you to clear 2 exams. There are no prerequisites to the exam.
- The first exam is “LPIC-1 101-400”. The exam covers file systems, system architecture, bolts and nuts of Linux installation and Unix commands.
- The second exam is “LPIC-1 102-400”. This exam actually tests individuals’ ability on running scripts, shell environment, managing of databases and running of SQL commands. To clear this exam, you also need to have a firm grip on configuring settings for the desktop and user interfaces. You also must be articulate in securing Linux systems and creating network connections.
The Course Outline
To clear Linux LPIC level-1 certification you need to have some level of expertise in different areas of Linux. Below, we have briefly mentioned some of the core areas of the main course outline of this exceptional certification.
- To appear for this exam no prior knowledge related to Linux is necessary.
- You must learn how to work on the command line such as shells, the role of command shells, shell prompts, changing of the shell, navigation of the file system and important environment variables.
- You must learn about using pipes, redirects,and You must have firm knowledge about the normal quoting rules, nesting of commands and brace expansion.
- To clear Linux LPIC level-1 certification you must have firm knowledge about managing ownership and file permissions. You must know about the directory permissions, changing of file permissions and of course file ownership.
- To pass Linux LPIC level-1 certification test you need to have some knowledge pertaining to creating, deleting and displaying of files. You must know about file manipulation, directory manipulation,and file system links.
- You should know how to work with compression and archives.
- You must know how to use the filters for the processing of text streams.
- You must have a firm grip on how to use the regular expressions for the searching of the text files.
- To clear Linux LPIC level-1 certification exam you must know how to do the basic file editing operations utilizing VI.
- You should know how to kill, create and monitor the processes. You must know how to use the advanced screen and signals.
- You must be well versed in DEBIAN AND YUM package management.
- You must have some level of knowledge pertaining to working with disk quotas, partitions,and file systems.
- You must have some level of understanding pertaining to the Linux Boot Process.
- You must know how to configure and determine the hardware settings.
- Finally, you must learn about the fundamentals of Linux if you want to clear the Linux LPIC level-1 certification.
Linux LPIC level-1 certification is a useful certification which will help you excel in your career. However, just like any other certification, getting it is not a piece of cake. You need to work hard and prepare well for its exam if you want to clear it. There are many tutorials, exam dumps, video courses available on the internet through which you can easily prepare for the final exam of this certification.